After being carefully restored, Palazzo Galletti became a boutique B&B in 2004. The history of this noble palazzo did not begin with the opening of a successful hotel de charme, but it goes back well before present age.
Palazzo Galletti, in the neo-classical style dates back to 1831, thought it included older buildings. It was designed by the architects Vittorio Bellini and Antonio Catelani, for the printer Vincenzo Batelli, to house in a modern chalcography studio. The design was meant for the Batelli's , and specifically for Vincenzo Batelli, businessman and typographer, who would later set there his printing works and foundry, as well as his private house. Yet, from the second half of 19th century, economics crisis compelled the owner to split the property, keeping the printing works active in just one room.
On the facade of the building, made with stone blocks along the whole ground floor, there are statues of the four seasons: Spring carved by Lorenzo Bazzanti, Summer by Giovanni Insom, Autumn by Francesco Orzalesi and Winter by Niccolò Bazzanti. On entering the main entryway of the palace one notices beautiful ionic columns and stucco-works. Originally, there used to be also two statues, representing the goddess Minerva- carved by Bazzanti- and Harpocraes, god of silence, by Emilio Fantarelli. As part of the hallway, there are four niches containing statues of the famous poets Dante, Petrarca, Ariosto, and Tasso. A prestigious clock marked the hours in the old Florentine days.
The iron entrance gate is a famous work of art, even mentioned by Dezzi Bardeschi, when describing iron masterpieces in Florence in the 1820’s.
All the details combine to make the palace a beauty of its time.